Monday, February 4, 2008

SuperBlog

Oh my goodness! I just realized that it's been since Last WednesDay since you've heard the fabulous coming's and going's of the Masselinks. Are you going through withdrawal? Let me quench your thirst...


So last Thursday I worked. Ugh.

Last Friday, Adalynn and I ran a marathon of errands to get ready for Laura's wedding shower on Saturday. The weather was Awful! We crawled by a jacknifed semi, an EMS truck in the ditch, and (random) a car stalled in the middle of the road because it ran out of gas. But we were safe and warm in the big 'ole truck, thank goodness! Oh - and Friday was Amazon Delivery Day! Very exciting. I got 2 books: 1. Skinny Bitch and 2. Eat, Pray, Love. These were recommended by Tiffany. Very Interesting... And Travis got his pistol for Cabella's Big Game Hunter on the Wii. He's pretty excited about that.


Saturday:



This is a famous Aunt Nancy cake. Travis' aunt seriously makes the most delectable cakes ever. They are so delish! For Laura's shower we chowed on white cake with raspberry filling. Num!

3 of our Toilet Paper Brides. Aren't the dresses gorgeous? Only the finest couture, for sure...


I discovered earlier Saturday that Betty Crocker I am NOT! I do aspire to be, however I failed miserably. Here's the scoop: Evidently Tin Foil does not belong on the floor of the oven. I was making Monkey Bread. It has been sooooo long since I have tasted the lovely stickiness of Monkey Bread on my tounge. And I miss it. Still miss it, since I started the oven on fire while making it and had to abort the mission. Yes. I started the oven on fire. It was not pretty at all. My mom was holding Adalynn, and we both were stuck standing, gaping mouth, in front of the oven. Until mom remembered somewhere that Salt might put out the fire. Salt, being readily available on the counter, miraculously extinguished the fire. Thank God. And I made Travis buy Fire Extinguishers last week to have "just in case". Well, "just in case" arrived and the fire extinguisher sat on the countertop because I didn't know how to use it. Oops.

So Long Monkey Bread. Never Again will you be formed by the hands of Cara. :(

*

Saturday Night. What happens at the Bachelorette Party stays at the B-ette Party. I will just say, lots and lots of crazy fun and dancing. Rock On.



Aww, don't we all love the "Future Mrs. M" shirt? It's so cute. It does kind of look like it's missing something though...maybe a heart? I don't know why, it just looks like it could use it.... (sorry Jerilynn, couldn't help it)


Needless to say, at the Masselink house we slept in until 8ish on Sunday when the princess woke us. She went back down for a nap about 10, and so did we. It was great. Every once in a while we just need some down time. And the Annual Masselink Superbowl Party was fun as well. What a 4th quarter!


*


I made this for dinner tonight. It was good, thought I'd share the love. (If even I could make it, it must be easy).

*

Peanut Gallery:

Tiff - I don't really know what's up with the Wee-Warmers. They don't have much practical value (although for around the house, they are FaB because you don't have to mess with pants). They really are adorable though. Com'on, leg warmers? Really, the 80s will live on 4-eva!!! This is proof.

Ryan - bring it. The basement is great. Growing greater by the minute. You are welcome to it anytime. We would be honored.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are too funny! I also made monkey bread on Super Bowl Sunday. I had never even heard of it, but Colin insisted it was the holy grail of baking. So I gave it a whirl and ALMOST caught the oven on fire. We did have a large amount of black smoke in the kitchen that colin took care of! Too funny. Can't wait for you to read eat, pray, love. you are going to love it!

Laura said...

Mmmmmm. Now all I can think about is monkey bread! :) Why does it set the oven on fire?