Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blizzard '08...again

Seriously, is this nastiness EVER going to END??? My goodness. So this was the view we woke up to this morning. Last night, Somehow, snow smashed into the window screen and promptly stuck. The winds were ferocious. Seriously not cool at all. Monstrous drifts have formed outside of our house, significantly limiting our traveling today. Travis braved the weather off to work, but Adalynn and I made the most of it. I painted the basement wall, made more wee-warmers (not wee-wee warmers, but wee-warmers, see below), and then we had ourselves a little photo shoot.
*

The Wall


*


Wee Warmers

*



Shed a tear with me. In my cleaning today (yes, I did do some of that too) I packed up Adalynn's bassinet. She slept in it for the first couple of months. Since, it's been sitting right where she last used it - next to our bed. I just didn't have the heart to pack it up! But today I did. I seriously almost cried.


And now for the Photo Shoot...





Grandma Mac, a family friend, made this blanket and stuffed animal for Adalynn. Isn't it amazing? Hats off to the talent!









Adalynn and Rocky

I will probably Never Ever get another shot like that again!

I was thinking about putting the photos into a slideshow, but I wanted you to be able to closely focus and contemplate the cuteness of our daughter in each and every picture for as long as you desired. I will make a slideshow later again, I'm sure. Photoshop is growing more and more fun as I'm learning how to use it. Now though, I'm thinking about new cameras. If only I hadn't lost mine from last christmas, seriously. This camera does ok, but the definition and clarity of the photos is not what I would like it to be. I'm sick of blurry baby hands!

*

To the peanut gallery:

Amy - Glad you are having a good time. The accomodations sound steller, and yes, it appears they have found the perfect place for the pastors to preside. Amusing....

Tiffany - Thanks for thinking of me, sorry I had to bug you the other day at work. Thanks so much for your help in a difficult situation. Much appreciated. I am NoT a SLP!

Ryan - Everyone knows I secretly yearn to have your character and charisma. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Off to work again tomorrow for the last of the week. Then on Friday I need to play catch up for what I didn't get done today. Later tater.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We're getting some snow in Nashvegas right now!! The city may go into panic mode before 5 pm. Glad the first week of work went well. I gotta ask, what's up with the wee warmers?

Anonymous said...

Your basement looks freakin' sweet. I'm seriously going to come over and crash for a wiik.
giggity.