Monday, February 11, 2008

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! It's a Comp Day!!

Gotta say, I love days off. It's like the most delicious morsel of chocolate, I just want to savor the heck out of it. So here's what we learned today:


Adalynn...





...learned that her feet touch the bottom of the exersaucer now. Man is she growing!





...and reiterated what we already knew. That she is just the cutest lil bugger out there. Thanks to Papa and Mama Linda for this outfit. (yes, it's a 6month outfit. yes, it fits her perfect right now. no, she is a week shy of 3 months. and no, it's not ok.)



*

I perfected sewing Diaper Caddys. I may not be Betty Crocker, but I might be Ms. McCall. (get it? they make sewing patterns. all right. not funny)

I made one of these for a coworker who is due the end of March/beginning of April. Her baby shower is this week.

I can also make them in Purple Cordorouy, Pink Panther, Camo, and Red/White/Blue Star Caddys. I may put them up on www.etsy.com and see if I can sell any... I'm not 100% sure yet though. Mine is just sooo handy (I love having a little bag with diaper/wipes Right There when I need to change her in Public, or if I don't want to take the WhoLe bag in), I want to share with the world! Or, I may take them to my Infant Massage classes (which reminds me, gotta find locations, locations!) and see if anyone wants to buy. Or, if you want one, let me know. Yea...

*

In "other-thought land", my sister and her family are in the "pre-adoption" phase and are going through home visits this week. Send up a prayer for them!

And...a shout out to to my cousin Brent and his family, welcoming their new addition, a precious baby girl. I think she was born over the weekend. ConGraTuLaTionS!

*

Back to work tomorrow. No rest for the wicked I suppose. Crossing my fingers for a weather warm-up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to mention this earlier but I got busy, don't you love proximodistal and cephalocaudal development? My favorite is when the proximo- moves to the distal.

It's like Adalynn's been reading my child development book. Which, by the way, has a handy height chart that says the 99th% for male 20-year olds is 6'4". I have no choice, now, but to live in West MI or be a circus freak elsewhere.

ps- it says 5'9" is 97th% for women. what is wrong with our family?