Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back to Work I go

As Tiffany put it so well, this weekend is "My last Weekend of Freedom". I guess I should say was, since it is now Sunday night and morning will come all too soon. Then I'll be driving in the dark the long ways to Kzoo just to put in 8 hours for "The Man". Thank God I can go back 3days a week, I don't know what I would do if I had to go back full time. I really admire people who do return to work full-time!


So, this is what I've been doing on my last day at home...


1. Bills. and organizing "my life" as it states in my little black book. If it's not in there, it doesn't exist!


2. Primed the wall downstairs that is to be painted before this weekend for Laura's wedding shower and the Superbowl party.





3. Putting together a picture album to go to work with me tomorrow.





4. Crying. Ok. Not really. But I feel like it!


5. Packing Adalynn's bag for tomorrow. I also wrote up a schedule for our neighbor who is watching her (our neighbor has a daughter who is 2 months older than Adalynn. They're going to be the best of friends.), as well as her likes/dislikes and such. Travis reviewed it and promptly stated, "It's a good thing she doesn't have a kid already..." Good thing he was just kidding!


6. Grandpa Ed and Grandma Deb came over to see Adalynn and the basement after their long motorhome trip away to Florida. We're glad they're home safe!


7. Eating dinner. My last meal. For For-E-Ver. Seriously. Travis makes this awesome shrimp with amazing seasoning. I love it.
8. Trying to put my daughter to bed. It is sooo not working!
*
So this week is going to be super busy. I got my ring re-sized last week because it had fallen in the trash and gotten lost, it was so loose. Oops. They are sizing it down a whole size! I guess that's what happens when you're retaining a little water when it's initially sized. So I need to pick that up, bring some paperwork into Mary Free Bed, and visit this quaint little children's shop in East Hills. (yes, this is a necessity). And I need to get stuff ready for this weekend - Laura's wedding shower and bachelorette party and the Superbowl. Hugeness!
*
So everyone have great weeks. I'll catch ya on the upside, hopefully, or the downside, depending on how tomorrow goes.




3 comments:

Bass 2 said...

Thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it goes well- and quick. :)

Think of me- away from my kids all week- and staying in a very ODD bachelor pad in Orlando. Seriously, this guy has teal wallpaper, a freaky dog, and a pool table/foosball in the living room. He's supposed to not be here- this is a rental unit- but he forgot we were coming and has crap all over the place. Well, what a place for a bunch of CRC pastors. hmmm.

Tiffany said...

Hope it goes well today - I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

...Ryan said, "Get a counter. You should really get a counter"
...Ryan said, "Listen to 'Grace and Peace, it's a great one"
...Ryan said, "Check out this alchy discussion. Shit runs deep."

I don't even trust MYSELF with that much influence. I'm glad I didn't tell you to jump off a bridge.

P.S.-[Buy Ryan many gifts] ;D