Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I've made it this Far

First off, let me say: "Welcome Home Jenny!"
Travis' sister is back in the states from Korea for a short 2 week visit before returning for 5 weeks, then she's home for good! (or the end of summer, whichever comes first. But we'll take what we can get).


Becky (another sister of Travis), Jenny, and Jeff at last years Superbowl party

That'll teach ya to make faces at me, suckas....



*

I had so many great thoughts on the way home from work. They were sarcastic, witty, and great. But alas, I have forgotten them all. Such is life. Especially life as it looks through the 4:30am alarm...this train is rapidly running out of track. Travis offered that if I start writing about them then they will come (back). But it's not working yet.


*

Anyway, back to the last couple of days. Adalynn, the Princess, made her grand entrance into the world on her own time schedule. And on this schedule she remains. So, leave it to her to make the first day of work for me the first day that she sleeps through until 7am-ish. I woke up late (when my alarm went off), thinking that I would have already fed Adalynn. But I hadn't. So I raced to take care of that issue and made it out of the house by 6:25. Not bad. Ooh, ooh - so another story for ya - This morning I was up, showered, devotions done, lunch ready, pump packed, everything was going too good. So I walk out to the car - MisHap #1 - drop my lunch and the corningware container breaks. Darn. So I steal some cash from my hubby for lunch. Drive down the road, turn onto the dirt road, and go up a Pure Ice hill. (note to self - watch the news for road conditions before leaving home). Enter MisHap #2 - a van looms around the corner while I am truckin it up hill and around the same corner. So I slow down, slide to the right, AnD - wait for it - get stuck. Travis gets a frantic phone call (remember, he can't do anything, this road is PURE ICE) and I work on it and manage to get out unscathed. Reverse down the hill, back to the house, and continue on to work taking the Paved roads only.

Going back to work has it's pros and cons. Pro: I'm rakin' in the Kwan again. Ooooh yeah... Con: Missing the baby girl. Horribly. Pro: Adult conversation. Con: 1 hour commute (one way) alone. ugh. especially in relationship with the aforestated con. Pro: I am up and showered before noon. Con: Does it really have to be at 4:30am?


I do have to say though, Thank God for technology. Check out this great picture that sent me via phone-mail. I get pictures when she wakes up and again when she's dressed and dressed and ready for the day. I love it.

BEFORE

She is dressed and all ready for her first day to "school"! She looks good daddy!

AFTER

Poor girl is all tuckered out.

*

K. I've run out of time trying to photoshop these pictures. It didn't work, so now you're left with the originals. How depressing. So I'm going to go paint my blues away.

Coming soon: Blues in the Basement

No comments: