Saturday, January 12, 2008

Adalynn's First Slideshow

So I got Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 yesterday and am obsessed with it. Travis got Cabellas Big Game Hunter for the Wii (can't wait for the gun to ramp it up), and was playing that yesterday while I was fooling with the Photoshop. Poor Adalynn, not neglected, but she was not happy for a while unless getting direct eye contact!! Who's the spoiled baby? :) That's how we like it! I want to share my first creation, hopefully I can get it to upload right. It features Adalynn from birth until now, alone and with family. (I Don'T have all of the family in here, so if do not see yourself *please* don't be offended. I just need a really *great* picture of you with Adalynn!)






Although Michigan is cold, dreary, and unimaginative most of the time, one of the most elemental reasons for living here is that Adalynn can grow up really *knowing* her grandmas and grandpas, nanas and papas, aunts and uncles and cousins. For this, we are grateful and blessed.


*


The Last Baby Shower


On Tuesday night, 1.8.07, we had our last baby shower. Travis and I (and Adalynn) have been attending Green Lake Calvary since August, when we moved into our house. This church is the most welcoming and loving church, rivaling Woodmont Baptist that I attending in TN. They have a really fabulous Young Marrieds class that has led to us meeting some really great couples. (and a Wii marathon last night until midnight, totally worth it!!) Anyway, I am rambling...(it's Sat morning, give me a break!) So it was a joint baby shower for Chelsea who is due in 2 weeks and Adalynn, and was thrown by our church (Thank You Heidi and Val! It was fabulous!) Adalynn got many *CuTe* outfits and a giftcard to Target let her get "Baby's first MP3 player" (so Trav calls it, he's pretty proud of it). And yes, it is totally necessary.


*


And What Day Is It Today?


Vanderbilt Men's Bball Plays On ESPN!!!


And I *so* can not wait....

2 comments:

Bass 2 said...

Super cute slide show!!!

Tiffany said...

Cara, you have taken this blogger thing and ran with it The slideshow rocks. Colin was watching too and he said, "this is way better than ours". Your girl is getting so big! I can't believe it.