Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Never a Dull Moment with the Masselinks


Travis and I decided to go into Costco tonight to pick up some necessities and take his dad's Lexus in to get filled up with gas. Well, it really started this afternoon when Travis went to start the car (it's been sitting in our garage since Ed and Deb are in Florida) and it wouldn't start. So Travis worked on it and got it started, we thought it was the battery and once we started rolling it would keep charging. Getting it started was the hard part, but now we were golden. So as we drove into town we were talking about how blessed we are - we have our friends and family, our health, our house, our beautiful daughter, and our vehicles work. Not more than 2 minutes later the Lexus starts to act up. The irony kills me...God definitely has a sense of humor! The battery light and check engine light came on, and the RPMs died. Soon it wouldn't even roll over. We were about 6 miles from our house in the middle of farmland with Adalynn in the backseat, and it was getting dark, and cold. A few phone calls and 1/2 hour later and John (Travis' stepfather) came to help us out. Adalynn slept through it all, nice and cozy in her car seat. Costco will have to wait.


Thanks Kelly and Dad B for picking up the phone! Thanks John for switching your plans around to help us out! We love you guys!

*
But, since I have you here, I might as well show off the babygirl. Yup, the SuperBaby is rolling onto her side now. She has been, actually, but this is the first I've caught it on camera.



Evidently she's practicing to model on the runway in this picture, silly girl, I have no idea what she's doing! But check out these boots...they are totally unneccesary Uggs, but yet totally fun. I take that back, they are necessary. If she wasn't wearing them tonight when the car died, her little tootsies could've frozen! But really, how great are baby Uggs? She loves to match her mommy. Now she just needs a baby Coach. :) I know what her first words are going to be...

*

Oh, and a peek at the "Before I Return To Work Checklist"
(honey, if I don't get these things done, does that mean I don't have to go back?!?)

1) finish the last book of the Harry Potter series. Seriously, I haven't yet (pathetic) due to pregnancy hormones. It got intense and I couldn't handle it!! This book was great! Just ask my husband, who tried to talk to me unsuccessfully as I read it. I didn't hear a word the poor guy said. 2) get my CIMI (certified infant massage instructor) certification. It's in the works, just have to train one more mom. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered. Sweet. Hopefully I'll hear back soon on it.

Crap. Another look makes me realize that they're done.

No comments: