Monday, March 16, 2009

The Transformation

I should be leaving to drop off Adalynn at my mom's right now, then turning around and driving back to Byron Center to see a couple patients, and then off to Grandville, and then back to pick up the little munchkin. Then home. But...it's wearing me out just thinking about it. I'd rather not, and pretend that work doesn't exist.

Anyway, the point of this picture is, that this weekend our little daughter was transformed into a little cowgirl. -tear- She's growing up so fast.
And our older girl, the 13-year-old, came home for a visit. Although if Kelsey was writing this she'd probably say, "And those crazy, domineering humans grabbed me out of my pasture where I was happy eating hay, and dragged me around in this 4-wheeled trailer where I felt the earth moving out from under my feet. I thought the world was going to end."

Awww, Kels, you were a very good girl. And you think this was bad....I'm not gonna tell you that next week you have to go to the vet!
Slowly but surely we're figuring out how to juggle life with a horse, child, fireman, and the +1 that I carry in my belly. As soon as Kelsey loaded back in the trailer with minor fuss, Trav's pager went off and he ran to a fire. Leaving Adalynn, Rocky and I to drive Kelsey back to the barn. Thank God for the Kelty Carrier and my bulging muscles, or we wouldn't have made it. Wait, scratch that, very femininely sculpted but strong-as-an-ox muscles. Anyway, we did make it, and that's what is important.

No comments: