Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh, so Pretty!


Oh my goodness. The temp has finally broken freezing. Thank God! Seriously. Just 3 days ago I told Trav that if it doesn't get warmer soon Adalynn and I are moving south. Whether he's coming or not. I'm glad I don't have to move now; it would have been a lot of trouble, and I really don't like the idea of a commuting marriage.

The recent childcare situation has left Travis watching Adalynn on Thursdays, currently at the office. This left me with an afternoon (oh!) to myself after I finished work. And it was heavenly. Kelsey actually got some attention. First she looked at me like, "Who is this woman and what is she doing to me?" But then she started remembering. A lunge line and some ground lessons will do that to a horse.
After our lesson, I let her free and gave them hay. I love watching her and Patches run for their meal. Especially when I'm super secret and throw it into the pasture while they're hiding out by the barn. One "Kelsey!" and she's tearing through the pasture like she hasn't eaten in ages. She has such an expectant look on her face.


"Yes, Mom?"

"What, there's hay?"

"Hay, really? That's one of my favorites! How did you know?"

"I'm just psychic like that, Kels."

"And I'm going to beat Patches. Na-na-na-na-na."

"But I'm a good horse, I'll share."
Believe it or not, Patches is looking at the camera. He's just got a happenin' fro, amplified by the wind.
"K, Ma, I'm done with the pictures. Thanks for the hay."
Oh, and for the record, because I know it was bugging you as much as it was me, last night I hacked her bridle path down and brushed out her tail. You can sleep at night now.

"Seriously, woman, I'm done. Go mess with someone else."
Fine. I'll be a nice mother and torture the boys next. They were also ecstatic about the weather, and displayed their emotions by trying to rip eachother apart mercilessly.


Between Kelsey, Banks, and Rocky, who needs cable TV?

No comments: