Friday, March 6, 2009

2 more updates...

Sorry bout the super-blogs today. Guess I had a lot to catch up on, and I still have more pictures in waiting for a rainy day.

2 recent notes though:

1. I interviewed last week for a position with Mary Free Bed's Assistive Tech program. At only 10hours a week, it will supplement Community Caregivers and will make me learn new skills. I'll be working with another OT (the manager) and a Biomedical Engineer out of UofM (but I won't hold it against him), addressing EADL and computer adaptation needs. Very exciting stuff for an OT. Oh, and out of 3 other candidates I was offered the position and I am to start April 2.

2. Baby had her 20-21wk appointment yesterday and we actually got in to see our doctor! She said that the ultrasound looked good, all looks healthy. The ultrasound did show a Choroid Plexus Cyst on the 'lil babe's Choroid Plexus (the area of the brain that makes spinal fluid). She assured me that it does not cause developmental delays or affect development in any way, and most often they fade away unnoticed. They occur in 1-3% of babies between 16-24wks of development, but they won't follow up on it because other than that our child looked fabulous, healthy, and very cute. (tell us something we didn't know!) (every once in a while this type of cyst is associated with Trisomy 18, but our doc said that our baby isn't at risk because everything else (limbs, hands, heart, etc) were intact and thriving. Thank God!) Oh, and she said that it looks like a girl to her as well. So guess we're going to prepare for a little chica. Bring it on, girl!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on the job!!

Tiffany said...

Yay!!! I"m so pumped about the job!! So more confirmation on girl #2. Names, names, names!!