Friday, March 27, 2009

Kelsers

The more I'm around this horse, the more I like her. Which is good, I suppose, and what we always hope will happen with something that we need to be around a lot. Kels and I took our first ride of the season today.


Here she modeled her tack for everyone: "Today I am wearing a black Proffesional's Choice Air Ride saddle pad covered by an awesome Billy Cook barrel racing saddle with basketweave trim. On my face is a blue nylon one-ear headstall paired with stunning blue contesting reins." Ugh. I wouldn't mind a new headstall, that's for sure!

This picture kinda freaks me out. Looks like she has a saddle horn growing from her head. She doesn't, really, just in case you were wondering.

Ah. That's better.

Kels wanted to show everyone her obvious displeasure of my bit choice for the ride today: a simple, o-ring Snaffle. Which she should love and be thanking her lucky stars for, because the Tom Thumb that she was being ridden in is much harsher.

And eventually she figured this out. And used it to her advantage to not stop until she was conveniently by Patches. Hmmmm. Seriously lazy too, once we had trotted for about 8minutes. Think some spurs may lighten her up next time. Keep her on her feet. Keep me from working so hard.

No comments: