Friday, March 28, 2008

Expectations

I seriously need to take a lesson from my daughter. Here she is happily playing this morning, after a crappy night. She woke at least 3 times with the stuffies. I listened to the pattern over the monitor: 1. Sticking her thumb in her mouth, 2. Crackles of her trying to breath, and 3. a short Cry when she couldn't and had to pull her thumb out. Then she'd sit for a minute, and try it again. -tear- She's such a tolerant child. We only have God to thank for that, she did NoT learn that from her father or I.

*
I'm feeling a bit down today...1/3 sick and feeling bad about Adalynn being sick, 1/3 missing Travis, and 1/3 "ugh" because I haven't gotten done what I wanted to while he's been gone. And I had to cancel on running with my sister today because I feel "ugh" and Adalynn has taken long naps - I so just want her to get better. My guilt starts easy and runs deep. But, looking upon this day is Not anything Life Threatening and I think I just need a nap to put things in perspective again. Or at least it's a good excuse, right?

3 comments:

Show Yourself said...

how long did she stay sitting for the pic? Missing you both...the weather is nice but it's not where the family is (well my father is, but not my 2 girls)...I can make friends with the other people here (not just bartenders), but glad to be leaving the mid 80's to arrive to snow, but also to open arms...love you and miss you...

Show Yourself said...

Oops...forgot about my name...lol...i think this one is better...

Show Yourself said...

Ry...I'll count my points when I get home...last I knew cara was 4 points up on me and I was 3 up on you...what do you have now...3 teams left...Clemson...hahahahahaha