Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, December 29, 2009.

Finally, Monday rolled around and silly excited me thought we could share a quiet day at home.
Backing up.
Did I mention Trav's Christmas present?
Here's a hint:

Backing up even further.
We've been rollin' around town in the truck below, and a Jeep. Since before we married, I assumed ownership of T's Malibu and he 'reluctantly' (not) drove my baby-of-a-truck daily. Add on 2 kids and cold winters where most assume we are pet abusers as our dogs flap down the highway riding in the bed, and maybe this isn't the most practical choice anymore.
But it's my baby. My splurge just out of college. It's only got 100,000 miles on it. All Me.
and T.

Then my dear husband heard wind of this baby. Drove and peeked, and fell lusciously in love.

Merry Christmas, Babe.

Which leads me to this. Monday, Dec 29. I'd just laid the girls down for a much needed nap, and T rings. A fellow from Kzoo called on the truck, says he's coming to look at it and bringing his son "just in case". Just in case what? So, the trucks out with a for sale sign on it. It doesn't mean it's really for sale".

But keeping the both of them would be kinda greedy.

And Clifford does have more room. Sits higher. A little shinier on the tires.

And check out that grin. Does me in. I'm sold.

So, long story short, the fellow bought it. He promised to love and cherish and hold my baby forever and ever amen. And that makes me happy. So long, loyal traveler. Do me proud.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I think this made me tear up a little. :)

Anonymous said...

A girl and her truck - it's a beautiful thing :-)

Deb

Jean said...

Burch would be proud that you sold the ford and bought the dodge! I was told by Burch (prior to the big three going under) that I was only allowed to buy mopar unless I paid for it myself and did all repairs - which doesn't happen on a housewife salary! ;)