Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sooo....huh.

Huh. That's what Travis and I said to each other when the sellers called us back and accepted our offer. Huh. Granted, this is contingent on a boundary survey. But, huh.

Our inspiration

begins

here.

We're intimidated by the work this is going to take. But, we know that if we can stick with it for 5-10 years we will be so much richer for this life in the country, spreading the farm love, working the land.

I'm super excited, honey, to be working side-by-side with you on this. I'm super excited, to spread the farm love. And I'm super excited, for our children to have these experiences. Here's to the next 100+ years!
*
We're way open to ideas too...ideas on house plans, anything for greener living (we're contemplating geo-thermal heat? anyone want to donate a system? i'll blog about it :) hehe. thought it was worth a shot.) and greener building, ideas on property layout and barn ideas and animal ideas. We welcome them, anytime. Leave a comment, we'll read 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott and Laura have all my way-cool house floorplans!! See if they'll share?

Deb

Scott said...

Of course we'll share! :)

Oh, 2 of my co-workers have installed geo-thermal systems....I'll see what they say about cost and savings, etc. Definately not cheap, though.