Monday, September 14, 2009

Jerilynn's Bachelorette Party: 80's Style...and Weekend news

So. We hustled this weekend. Here's a list, in order of FUN, because organizing by days is lame-o:

1. Jerilynn's Bachelorette Party: 80's Action

There was eyeshadow...blue...in true 80's fashion

...and Jelly bracelets...oooh my, my!

...and snazzy duds for the wedding night...but we won't go there.

Can't wait Jerilynn, less than 2 weeks!!!

2. Canning: Marinara style

This only ranks so highly because it is the very FIRST batch of canning that is 100% Masselink. (except for the carrots. and the green peppers. and the onions. but the tomatoes were 100% ours, promise) I'm super excited about it.
Along with canning on Friday, a long lost friend came and visited with her 2 children. It's probably been a year since I've seen them. We had a very good visit. Let's not make it so long next time!

3. Swimming at Nana's

Yea, so it was supposed to be a birthday dinner of sorts for T and I, but we all know that the kids take center stage now. This was the first time all summer that Adalynn swam willingly.

She's rockin' the doggie paddle.

And yes, Dora HAD to swim with us. No negotiating there.

Trav's Aunt Jo is visiting from Hawaii. She is a very gifted beader (i don't know if that's what she calls herself? she creates very beautiful bead jewelry. she crafted my wedding necklace, it was GORGEOUS).

She liked Keely. I think the feeling was mutual.

Tiffany called too. I love talking to that girl. We'll chat again soon.

4. Presents: I received a great basket for material and sewing stuff. Can't wait to be able to set up my special sewing spot in the basement. And a blender, because this is a necessary kitchen tool and I need to know how to blend. I've heard it makes life easier. And a super cute and Cara-esc charm for a necklace. In fact, it's hanging from mine right now. It's all about horses and quite inspiring. After Trav opened his card and a check fell out, he was $15 short of the amount he needed for lights on ze truck. He was super excited when he sorted through his change jar last night and found at least $85 dollars. Looks like soon he'll ride in style. And a Menards gift card will spread the love to the house, too. Sweet!

5. Work. Saturday and Sunday. Really, can't complain. It was good to be back in small doses, but now I'm ready for a vacation.

Here's a cheer to this week!

No comments: