Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wacky Hair Wednesday

Since my mother-in-law passed these sweet 'lil puppies my way a couple months ago, they have taken up residence on my countertop, begging to be used. Are they not the cutest thing ever? Who could resist educational cookie cutters? PERFECT for a rainy wednesday.

So today, while the 'lil one snoozed, Adalynn and I baked sugar cookies. I introduced her to licking the mixer...she was VERY impressed. Takes right after her Mama. Please excuse her hair, that takes after her Mama too. It was early and we hadn't fully woken up yet. Fine, it was 10am. And yes, that IS early. SHUSH IT, IT WAS A RAINY DAY.

While the cookies set in the fridge, Adalynn wanted her hair done (thank God!). So, while standing on her stool, she kept me busy practicing my cosmetology skills. "Mo braids, Mama...Mo braid."

Somehow she stood fairly still while getting 1 big ponytail and braid, and 3 little braids. Seriously, are you sure you're only 21 months child?

And then we cut-out the cookies. Adalynn hadn't had the pleasure of making sugar cookies before, this was a first.

She caught on pretty quickly. Quite energetic, a little overzealous with the roller, but happy and effective.

Rollin'...Rollin'...Rollin' on tha river....(com'on, sing it man).

Minor issues with multiple placements of the cookie cutters...

But they turned out perfect, nonetheless. Super cute. Gotta admit though, I don't think Adalynn is too fond of sugar cookies. Took a bite, made a sour face, and said, "Mmmmm". Child, if you're gonna lie, you need a better poker face!

After a morning of thinking: Totally tuckered. Just the way I like 'em.

No comments: