Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesdays with Nana: Hudsonville Fair Ed.

Oh, the fair. I never showed in the fair, but I've got high aspirations for Adalynn and Keely. Go 4-H! Little do they know...

But not goats.

My daughter's will not show goats. Because I said so, that's why.

Tractors. You may show tractors.

I'm going to be a 4-H dropout. They won't let me through the doors.

Possibly because Adalynn's already been branded by the zoo, not an agricultural farm animal.

Oops, sorry child.

And Naomi? She's got the mark of rock'n'roll groupie/star. I can see it now.

What would a fair be without the midway?

Just some animals, no breath-taking-earth-quaking rides.

No artery-clogging treats. Arg. Poor Keely's going to hate me for this.

Sleep while you can, child, it won't last for too long.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Jonah is totally going to show goats - they're the best. I showed rabbits, sheep, turkeys and goats, goats were the best. Turkeys were the worst, that only lasted one year.