Saturday, August 15, 2009

Quaker's Acres 2009

Every summer, about August time, my Aunt hosts some "Girls' Days" at her country house up north. Here, ladies and respective kiddos convene, some for a day, others for a few, at my Aunt and Cousin's house to eat, play in the pool, ride horses, and let the kids wear each other out.
When I was younger, I always looked forward to visiting my Aunt's house. It was relaxing, country, and I couldn't have loved it more. And, I'm afraid, pestering my older cousin who had horses and was able to ride them anytime she wanted and barrel raced too. What could be more beautiful? I stalked her.
Although I kept tabs on both of my spawn all day, I did snap a few pictures. Upon initial arrival, mom gathered her g'chilluns in the porch swing...minus the littlest, who was having some 'time out' time on the floor in the house.

Notice Mom smiling and with open eyes? The grandchildren bring out the best in her. This is one of the best pictures ever of all the kids, in my humble opinion. (HJ - you'd better stay on my good side. In all the previous photos, for some reason, you appear to be picking your nose. I HAVE AMMUNITION. BE NICE.)
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to coordinate Adalynn and the camera while riding the horse. Poop. And poor Adalynn, after riding, kept saying, "More horse? Adalynn's turn." Oh, poor baby, someday. You're breaking Mama's heart.


Evidently, Grams brings out the best in Adalynn as historically the pool is not Adalynn's favorite place to be. Adalynn appears to thrive off of ordering people around. Note how she is holding her rings like bracelets and gesturing like royalty? That is not from my side of the family.

Riding the orange horse was a good 2nd to the real thing.


Oh, Aunt Amy, you so very funny. Sometimes unintentionally, but it always turns out good.

Thanks, for wearing her out so well. 3 Days later and she is still recovering. Wasn't sure what had happened to her when she took a 4 hour nap today. I'm not complaining...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, you guys better buy that land quick and get Adalynn a horse! :) I am feeling you on the human pacifier thing...