Monday, July 27, 2009

Cloth Diaperpalooza 2009

In the exciting life of Keely last Friday, not only did she get to meet her Aunt Amy, Uncle Henry, and cousins Megan and Henry John; but also, her belly-button fell off, signaling her quick growth through the early stages of life.
This also meant that she was ready for her introduction into cloth diapers. Woo-hoo! Adalynn was 5 months or so before she first wore cloth, but with this baby I was more prepared (or something that closely resembled preparation...at least in the cloth diaper dept). Actually though, if it wasn't for a co-worker, I would be attempting to wrap Keely up in the industrial microfiber cloths that I purchased to make inserts...but didn't ever get around to. I'm holding out that I will, once I can set up my sewing machine in the basement for good.

So now that Keely is ready, she is sporting bright white Prowrap diaper covers and soft chinese prefolds. Adalynn wants in on it too, and so most days she's been wandering the house with thick cotton under-roos and a mommy following close by to wisk her to the toilet should the need arise. What's that saying? The more wash the merrier? Some evil man made that up...

No comments: