Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!

I can say that...almost...as it's 11:29pm our time. About as close to the 4th I will probably get before I wake up in the morning. I feel pretty unsocial, as Trav is hanging with our neighbors out by the fire, but then again: 1. I'm 9 months pregnant, 2. The mosquitos have already attacked my poor legs - through my pants - and I have the war wounds to show for it.

For me, today, the 3rd of July has been a blast. Travis played hooky from work (don't tell the boss) and worked on the basement some with our neighbor friend. My mom drove over at 1, we played with Adalynn a little until she went down for a nap, and then sat our tushes on the porch to chat and read until she woke up. Trav grilled dinner and went to clean up the firehouse for tomorrow's festivities; while Mom, Adalynn and I walked to Maria's for a smackeral of delicious ice cream. Mmmmm! What more could a pregnant woman want? Really?! Mom and I tackled some necessary weeding outside while Trav finished up (we were assisted by our neighbors new Aussie pup, Behr...totally cute, Adalynn is in love) and then we sat back for amazing fireworks shows. Seriously, showS. Trav and David shot off some in our backyard to acclimate Adalynn to the lights and sound.

Mom, Adalynn and I started out on the deck...



but the darn mosquitos made it difficult to stay out there for long. (seriously, eating off my leg through my pants! arg!) Thank goodness, the view from our living room was just as good, cause then the Lake fireworks started. Some bigwig on the lake who has too much money, too much time, and is evidently a huge pyro has an outstanding display each year of what a trip across the Indiana border can buy you.

Afterwards, the Green Lake fireworks lit up the sky. They didn't start until 10:30pm, and Adalynn was barely awake, but she was quite amazed. Every once in a while she would shout out a "Pretty!" or even a "Very Pretty!" for the best, it was too cute. (yes, i'm biased. get over it or stop reading)

So now, Adalynn is in bed, Mom is driving home, Trav is out by the fire, and I'm in here hibernating away from mosquitos and other buggies while being serenaded to CMT. Tomorrow is the annual Pancake breakfast, Parade, and Fire Station Open House. WeeHoo! Gotta love small town life...

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!

No comments: