Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's July?!?

This summer seems to be flying by, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I find myself crabby because I would like to enjoy it sans child in my belly, but then guilty and pray for patience because I am sure she is still baking for a reason. I'm trying to remind myself that there is still almost 2 months until Labor Day, but this is not so true anymore. Anyway...

So right now I am in a waiting pattern. Working, weeding, composting, and cleaning.

At least I have my garden to show for it.

Have I shown this off before?

This is the compost barrel that my dad made me for Christmas, then Trav mounted on this handy stand...complete with totally awesome handle for turning. I never knew the magic of composting before, but I am addicted. This sucker chews up kitchen scraps and regurgitates them into small pieces of gold within a couple of months. We have put in all our kitchen scraps, plus some newspaper and grass clippings to keep the balance kosher, for the last 2 months. And this baby keeps cooking it down. I can fill it 6/8 full, and within 2 days it has composted in half, at least. I love it.

Adalynn's sunflowers are growing. I think I may have planted them too close together, but at this point in time they both look healthy. I'm a little concerned because a house on the lake's sunflowers are tall and one even has bloomed, but as long as this little puppy is still growing we're happy.

Just one more cutie-patootie picture for your day...

On Monday, after my mom watched Adalynn, we traveled home for lunch and naps. We were talking about visiting Patches, and Adalynn got it stuck in her head that she wanted to see Patches and Kelsey, NOW! Unfortunately, seeing Kelsey was not even an option as she is out in Rockford, and we had planned on visiting Patches today when we brought him hay, and Adalynn really didn't need to go visit Patches, she needed a nap. However, the little stinker had an idea in her head and it was hard for her to let it go. So hard, that she remained in the jeep for an extra 5 minutes attempting to "buckle-in" to go visit the critters. Go figure.
Today, Adalynn got her wish. We counted the cows and kittys as Daddy loaded up hay. And, oh man, were there kittys. Some super cute kittys, too. And cow poop that Adalynn discovered is super fun to walk through. Again and again. Then we drove down the street to the barn to unload, and Adalynn got to visit Patches while Daddy unloaded the hay.
Yup. That's about all the story there is there.

Jean, I wish I was posting a name. Really. But as we're not announcing a final answer until after the baby is born, it'll have to wait. Arg. Pray it comes soon.
And Kate, yes, the broccoli tasted great. Mmmm. I am so thankful for summer gardens and fresh produce!

2 comments:

Jean said...

was your due date in June? for some reason I had that stuck in my head.

lots of walks and lots of sex is suppose to do the trick, although that never worked for me

Laura said...

I'm praying for you b/c I figure I shouldn't start complaining until after you've had yours. :)