Monday, February 16, 2009

I really thought that eventually this cold that is hanging on to me would eventually give up ghost and leave. But it hasn't yet. I thought maybe it's been digging further and further into my head because I haven't given it proper homage by giving it the credit it so severely desires. So I took one day off work to sleep (as much as you can with a 1year old) it away....I hope it's working.
So why, just coming off a weekend, haven't I had time to rest? Because of all this....
Friday: The Basement Day

Bill, John, Rennae, Maggie, and Lily visited to help us (Trav, really) crank out a bunch of the basement bathroom and bar area framing, electrical, and whatever else you have to do when you are finishing your basement. Bill, John, and Travis made enormous gains in the basement... prior to this morning the bathroom area was blank and the counter and bar sink rested on 2 stands. Now, it's framed and Bill is finishing the plumbing for the shower. That man is a miracle.



They had framed this by midmorning.


Another view.


Now we can put in a door...well, when it's that time...


And here they have framed in the bar space...the 2 cabinet doors on the Deb will fill with stained glass and we will hang them horizontally for 2 built-in shelves. The doors match our french doors on the bedroom down here. Also, the door to enter the furnace area and the bathroom is fully framed, including a linen closet and a partition between the toilet and the walk-in shower. The rest of the partition will be glass block.

Upstairs, Rennae, Adalynn and I painted closets and readied them for installation of the final shelving pieces. Our master closet will be done on Wednesday, while Adalynn's will be done...when we get around to it. (More pictures once it's done!) Rennae also, very kindly, cleaned and cooked on Friday. Many, many Thanks to you all!

Saturday: My favorite Bride-to-Be and my Valentine


Valentine's Day morning Trav left for an all-day Water Rescue Training with the fire department (for which he is now Certified...go hubby!), while Adalynn and I jetted up to GR to have breakfast with Opa and Oma at a charming little grease-pit named New Beginnings. After leaving the child behind, I ran over to meet the girls for some Vday Yoga to start off Alison's Bachelorette Party. No pictures of the yoga yet (and really, not so sure I'd post them. sorry.). Oh! But I did give Al her Bachelorette Pampering Present, thinking she may be able to use some of the items after a greuling yoga session. On Wednesday of last week, I spent the day hunched over my sewing machine for my dear friend. I first freely crafted a delicious drawstring tote with the cutest pink, green and white complementing fabrics. Of course, I didn't take any pictures of it. I could kick myself.

Then, once again my pal Amy Butler came through with a free pattern for an eye pillow with a slipcover and carrying case. This had the makins of a perfect pampering gift.

The satin slipcover, removable for washing. The insert is filled with Organic Flaxseed and Lavendar. This combination is said to help with your Yoga meditation/relaxation. Also, if placed in a freezer Ziploc bag and put in the freezer for a couple of hours it can help relieve Migraines. I think I could use one right now!

And the precious little carrying case.
After the yoga we drove to Touch! Nail Salon and our toesies, now sore from Yoga, got some love and attention.
Hillary and Molly provided Cupcakes, Sugar Cookies, and Subway. The lunch of Champions, or at least it tasted like it at the time!

Al dished some delicious secrets...

And opened more gifts. For our eyes only *wink*...oh, and Jesse's.

I ran home to grab a nap before T's and my big Vday plans in hopes to ease my aching head. I did nap, but my head still felt like a 747 landing pad. After Trav got home we visited Little Leeum and went out to dinner at the Bonefish Grill. Very good food, Very good company.

Sunday: More Al!

After church on Sunday, Trav and I ran to GR to visit the Home De-Pot, pick up Adalynn (and some very very good stuffed Pork Chops), and then Linda and I ran to Al's 2nd Wedding Shower. We were late all day.

Adalynn Loves Auntie Al...
(doesn't Adalynn just look like the perfect little peach? so adorable.)


The desserts looked great...have to say that....Linda baked the delicious Bluberry Cheesecake and I made the cupcakes. :)
Stephanie's talent with decorations enhanced the lovely atmosphere.

Al opened more presents....are you noting the theme here?!


During the presents someone injected my "Perfect Little Peach" with some crack-cocaine covered in sugar and she began running around...and around...and around giggling like a maniac. Then she crashed and wanted nothing more to have Oma hold her in front of the pool window and beg mercilessly for the ball the kids in the pool were playing with. It's tough to be a kid.

After the shower, Adalynn and I met Trav at the Madden's house...Trav's dear friends. We watched the "Redneck 500" (T's call, not mine!) for a while. Changed Adalynn out of her dressy clothes and noticed that she can no longer wear any size 5 shoes. Oops.

Adalynn got her second wind for a while. Up and down the small, Adalynn-sized stairs she went.

And then over to Papa Madden for some play. This girl has it made.

Then Monday arrived, and I'm still in a half-sunk state, feel hungover but know I'm definately not. I have a water buffalo sitting on my right cheek bone, impeding my right eye vision. I've been blowing my nose so much that this afternoon Adalynn has started running around the house (no, she doesn't walk anymore, that was so yesterday) with a Kleenex wiping down the table, then the TV, then Banks, then blowing her non-existent snobbies in the Kleenex. She also knows very well where my nose is, I guess something good has come out of this cold. This morning she grabbed my sore nose (hard, we need to learn soft yet) and yelled "Noooooos", then poked me in the eye and yelled "Eiiiiiiiiii", and repeated with the other eye. While I'm thrilled that she's learning this stuff, I think our next lesson is going to be on gentleness. I'll keep in touch, and hope and pray that this day of rest is doing some good to restore health. This cold, like this winter, can't last forever, right? God promises?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love the eye pillow. I found that pattern too and tagged it for my first project when sewing school starts. Really sewing school is just my friend teaching me to sew this summer. How long did it take to finish? And what if you have zero sewing experience?