Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2.4.09: Diary

7:38am Pitter-patter of little feet traveling into our room, resulting in the stretching and shaking of our dogs as they wake for the morn. Collective groans from the man laying next to me and I as we realize that our sleep is done for the night. (worse for trav a high-school buddy is visiting and they were up playing wii until 3:30)

8am Roll out of bed. Outdoor thermometer reads -5deg. Freeze my arse while letting out Kels. I'd be nice about it, but this is seriously arse-freezing weather.

8:30am Eat T's breakfast sandwhich with a cup of coffee. Mmmm....coffee. Thanks babes.

9:30am Nina from the Closet Factory makes her grand arrival. After reviewing her company and closet options with us, she reviews our sad closet and makes her recommendations. We opt to have them organize the back wall of the closet. It'll be fabulous, come Feb 18. Well, maybe 19, when it's over.


Mid-morning Adalynn naps while I puttered around the house. I Cleaned up my poor, neglected, forlorn plant from Mother's Day last year.


And released pent-up agression my mutilating our kitchen cupboards with a drill and screwdriver. Or maybe not, it didn't turn out too bad. (note the sparkling new cupboard knobs....there ya go.)


Afternoon Travis, Carl, Adalynn and I traveled to Grandville to enter an adventure that we won't soon forget. In true craigslist fashion, you never know what an ad will lead you to. This listing for white cupboards led us to a decent looking house. Inside hid addiction and neglect. Adalynn and I stayed in the truck. We did end up buying the cupboards, and they will be great in the 3rd stall until they are cleaned up.

Evening After a faux fire call Trav's off at class again so I took a minute to write this blog. I've been researching master's programs at Ferris and e-mailing parents back to initiate consulting with them on their children's Occupational Therapy needs. It seems that God's plans for these kiddos and their families maybe do include me, after all. Outdoor thermometer fluctuates between no reading and 3deg. So maybe, just maybe it's warming up. A little.

Thank you, Ryan, for the pity comment. I feel so lov-ed. Really. (just think, this summer and for your next 4 years i can torment you up-close and in person. i so can't wait.)

No comments: