Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coming March 1 to a Meijer Near You...

Someone must have been looking out for me today, because I made my kitchen dirty. I haven't cooked lately, it's just too much effort, but today I thought would be a good day to break that habit. So I cooked. And baked. And made Jello. (that's not really cooking, is it? i don't think so.)

And in the end, my kitchen was a horrific mess.

But, it presented me with the perfect opportunity to try 2 new cleaning products from EcoStore USA; their "Naturally Antibacterial Spray Cleaner" and "Lemon Cream Cleanser". Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm fairly fanatical about ensuring that what we use in our house is safe for our babies. If they are a local company, Even Better! And this is. EcoStore is based in MI, and they list all the ingredients for each product, and their stuff is plant based. And one of my faves? When I recieved these two products, I realized that ALL of their packaging is earth-friendly too! My consience is clean.

Anyway, back to my ugly kitchen. I cleaned the counters, and my stove-top, using the Naturally Antibacterial Spray Cleaner.

It was awesome....I had dribbled honey in multiple spots while I was cooking, and it came right off without a fuss. Sweet! No odor, that I could tell (and I'm pregnant...I can tell...) I love that it is Antibacterial. I normally use a green cleaner, but it is so nice to find one that is green and antibacterial and works supremely well.

Onto my sink...

I hate it when my sink gets like this. All ucky and slimy and gross. So I took this fabulous Cream Cleanser to it, and the job was tackled with ease.
Moment of honesty: I usually use a vinegar mix to clean my sink. It's cheap, and natural. BUT, it smells like it's been cleaned with vinegar. The Cream Cleanser left a nice, easy, lemon smell. Not overbearing at all. And, as I found out, it's super concentrated, so you are getting your money worth (trust me, a little goes a long way...I had enough suds to fill a bathtub!).

Look at that, an easy clean and my lovely sparkling sink! The Cream Cleanser even took away some rust rings that our sink was tightly holding onto. And moments later, when Trav and I were contemplating how our power had just turned off, for no apparent reason, no ghastly storm was brewing outside or pummeling winds, I took a deep breath and smelled a clean, relaxing, lemony scent. And realized, that's my clean sink. Ahhhhhh......

Since I had such a lovely initial experience with these EcoStore USA products, I'm uber-excited that they will be sold at Meijer come March 1. No running to health food stores, just a one-stop pick me up! And rumor is, for you non-midwesterners, they may even be sold online with Meijer.
Gotta run. My chilli just exploded in the microwave. Guess I'll try the Spray Cleaner on that!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh the sink cleaner makes my heart swoon! Do they have a website - for us non-Michiganites?? love the new header

Anonymous said...

Dear Cara the homemaker,
Wow. Just wow.
Sincerely,
yours.