Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Closet, Part Dos

Here, I blogged about our master closet. How ashamed I am of it. How I tried to keep the door shut to forget about it, only speedily sprinting in and out with the light off and my eyes closed to grab some clothes in the morning and shove them back in at night. . (explains alot about why my fashion sense has gone down the tubes lately, doesn't it? well that, and the whole "pregnancy" thing.)


So first, we took everything out of the closet. Remember that originally there was a single bar across to hang clothes on and one shelf above it? I dismantled that, and we painted the closet a blue/gray. I like this blue. It soothes me. Yes, I know we didn't paint all the way up. Hold onto your horses, we're getting to the reason why... Finally, after one and a half grueling weeks of having our old closet ripped apart to prepare for the new closet, the wait is over.

The closet man arrived this morning, fairly punctually, and installed these beauties.

And it looked so clean and pretty (after I dusted them), that I could hardly stand it. I almost peed my pants. (again, blame it on the pregnancy...but thanks to Kegels, i didn't.) Closet Man had barely left the porch and I was already devising a plan to get everything re-organized.

And now, our clothes are in their final resting place. It doesn't look as clean and pretty as when Closet Man left, but it is organized. And I even had room for some of my paperwork and books. It's a miracle.

I'm a little amazed, and frankly quite scared, that we did fill it up so quickly. And I was sad as I uncovered clothes that I won't be able to wear for oh, the next 6 months. I've always been a little appalled by the amount of clothes that Travis owns, but right now I'm ok with it. It all fits, and I know that he doesn't need to spend money on clothes for a loooooong time.

No comments: