Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holidays 2008 Wrap-Up

The Year Charlie Brown Visited Us
*

So it's done. Over. Finished....and our life is finally getting back to the way it was before Christmas lights, trees, presents, wrapping paper, FOOD, and the Craziness that accompanies it all.

This is my adorable niece. Is her hat not the cutest ever?!?

After New Years Eve (which I already confessed to pathetically sleeping through), we had 1 more opportunity to fly our christmas colors with the annual Masselink Christmas Party. Looking back, I only shot pictures of the kids tearing open gifts and the adults participating in the annual gift exchange.


The kids. They *love* gift opening, don't they?

Then they were banished downstairs. And we started OuR party.

I won't bore you with the details. I think Jeff just said it all.

*

So this year, the Masselink party was a two-fer. On Sunday the girls met over at Laura's house for Jenny's baby shower, while the guys trekked to Ed and Deb's house to watch, in awe, football on their *awesome* new TV.

I don't have pictures of the guys, as being a girl I obviously attended the shower.

This is Jenny. She is very possibly one of the sweetest people I know. And will make a fabulous mother to the baby boy in her belly. ETA: Febuary 10, although we have bets that he may arrive sooner.


Laura graciously hosted the shower at her house, newly outfitted with gorgeous carpet. Scott and Laura have done an awesome job on their house since they got married, their hard work shows. Lisa and Laura decorated it SO cute for a lil baby boy, too.

The food tasted delicious, I had to complete multiple taste tests, and everything passed.

There were games, because what is a shower without games? Elaina, good job on explaining them. You have a grand future in public speaking, girl.

And presents. And more presents. :) I have to show this quilt off. Aunt Karie has created these beautiful-beyond-words quilts for new babies as her special contribution into their life. And she makes them for special occasions. And any other occasion that may call for a great quilt. And we love them. But really, I just had to show it off because she is just awesome.

*

So now, the holidays are really over. And I just have a pile of lovely christmas ornaments and trinkets and a few red boxes to pack them away in. I feel at peace. I love Christmas, but I love the peace that follows too. Yaknowwhatimean?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

dude, i updated my blog - get over there, seriously. i'm trying to not be such a slacker in 09. tell me about these new books you're reading

Kate said...

I am glad you had such a great Christmas! Happy 2009! I like the new heading, very cute!

Scott said...

Thanks so much for hosting Christmas again...we appreciate it! :)