Tuesday, January 13, 2009

For This Year...

New years are about resolutions, right? Well, I'm ditchin' them. Throwing 'em out the window. Tossing 'em on the highway.

I prefer a "New Year Outline". A Guideline, loosely written, to train myself into being productive in this new year. Which I guess could slip into the "Resolution" category if I'm not careful.
So I will be careful.

Here's my plan...
Jan and Feb: Freeze my tushie feeding the horse and traveling to work, but mainly hibernate inside under mounds of blankets. Finish crafties that I started including The Dog Quilt, Jerilynn's birthday present (can't tell, that would defeat the purpose), Adalynn's pillow. Oh, and strongly encourage Travis to work on the basement. Yes, this falls under my "Guidelines". Put down chips and dust in the horse's pasture to link the 2' gap between concrete and dirt...preferably before the ground thaws. Look at garlic (planted in November) and hope it grows.
March: Pray for warmth to come over this sad, sad state. And CheeR as Alison walks down the aisle.
April: Throw a party for Travis' graduation from the Fire Academy. Pray for the ground to dry out around the horse pasture and RIDE! Plant brocolli.
May: Plant my garden!!! I've already started a list...we're going for tomatoes, jalepenos, green beans, snap peas, lettuce, green peppers, red peppers. I think we'll nix the eggplant this year.
June: Maintain the garden. Tell Travis what to weed when I'm too pregnant to bend over.
July: Have this child, recoup, and maintain the household to whatever extent I'm able.
August: Regatta!
The rest of the year is fuzzy....but....
by next December:
I want the basement painted, bathroom and bar area roughed in, and basically ready for the bathroom and bar area to be finished and for flooring. Then we'll sit and wait for a large sum of money to pay for flooring and to have the bathroom finished. Or work hard for it, either way.
I want to have tomatoes, peaches, applesauce, some pickles and some jellies canned. And any other random fruit or vegetable that I can find to stick safely in a can.
I want to have more peppers frozen for the winter.
I want to have more herbs preserved.
I want to return to my pre-pregnancy weight.
I want to have Kelsey ridden, out on trails, and fit.
I want to learn how to make cheese.

I think that's the bulk of it right now. I'm spittin' it out to hold me accountable. Guess I will have to wait and see if God and I have the same ideas...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, sounds like a good plan. :) You're making me feel a little lazy!