Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yippee-Yi-O-Ki-A

"There is something about the outside of a horse that's good for the inside of a man".
Go Winston Churchill, you rock, man. I do have to agree with you. And we're well on our way to raising another believer. Grandma Deb led pony rides at Spirit Farms today and we just HAD to visit. Adalynn rides a horse similar to the way she rides in the wagon...arms out to the side for balance, head bobbing, and a look saying, "Do I like this? Yes, I think I do!".
"Look Ma, No hands!"
*

*

Uncle Ryan and Grandma came over today for dinner and traveled to Spirit Farms with us. Adalynn really enjoyed playing with Uncle Ryan - the taller she pretended to be (with Uncle R's help) the more she grinned. and drooled.


*

"How'd I get down here?"

*

After dinner we walked to the local Ice Cream Shop. How excited am I about Ice Scream? Very, very much. Mmmmm. Only One casualty (and lesson learned): Not a good idea to tie the dogs leashes together, then fasten them to the stroller Grams is pushing with a carribeaner so that Mom can have her hands free to play softball. The worst scenario: another dog-walker passes by and Rocky and Banks want to chase. Oops. Adalynn thought it was a good time.

*

So, Grandma Deb, how about them horses? :) (just kidding.)

2 comments:

Jean said...

I used to work there - at Camp Manitou-lin! I was an outdoor educator and a lifeguard but when extra horse staff was needed I helped out (due to having horse experience). I miss it there! It was soooo much fun working there.

Sara said...

Where did you get the adorable hat?? I love the little chicks on it. =)
Sara