Friday, May 2, 2008

04.30.08

We are Cheap-O. It's gotta be the dutch bloodlines running through, but we always fall for a good deal. So Tuesday, after Josh tipped us off to some free dirt, we drove into town with Adalynn and loaded some up for the garden boxes. Not a bad deal, and it wasn't hard work. Wednesday, after a hectic morning filled with oil changes and dentistry, my proactive nature overtook me and I drove the truck around to the back to unload the dirt.

Aren't they great?!? I can't wait till their filled with veggies and wholesome goodness. I suppose it's worth 2days of yelling muscles. I really can't complain anyway, as Travis has since put 2 more loads of dirt and topsoil into the boxes.

But, here's the REST of the story...

In true Masselink/Borck (or just my?) tradition, it didn't go quite as planned. The dishing of the dirt was quite uneventful, until I thought I would hurry the process and move the truck to another location, backing it up to the box and pulling the tarp with dirt into the box. Neglecting to move my 2 phones, baby monitor, and sweatshirt off of the tool box before transitions. OOPS. As any intelligent mind can forsee, my cell phone fell off the truck, landed in the dirt, and a solid tire smooshed it into the ground.

After retrieving my beloved phone, I was oddly proud of the way it upheld appearances in the midst of such tragedy. Just rub away a smidgen of dirt and it looked brand new.

*sigh* if only external appearances were everything.



My poor phone did suffer an injury. I lost my contacts (phone book, not seeing-eye contacts), as well as my inability to text and check email for a day. I experienced a lightning storm every time I opened my phone, kinda cool, but yet not. Especially as Travis and I were standing in the kitchen lamenting the loss of my phone...at that moment the phone yelled, "Beep, Beep, Beep" signaling a text message. Since I couldn't use my screen, I had NO IDEA who sent me a text or what it was about (you know who you are...sorry i didn't get back to you...this is why). Travis laughed...me, not so much. In the end, Travis gave me his phone and upgraded. The world is right again. (but, if I had your phone number, I probably don't have it now. so get it to me. thanx.)

No comments: