Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New FarM'nimals

We have a very special announcement. On Sunday, after the kitten discovery (more on that in a minute) T and I drove up to Sand Lake to look at a horse from a Craigslist posting. You never know what you'll find hunting a Craigslist posting. But, we took a chance.

And today I drove up to Sand Lake with the girls to pick up our new beauty. A is convinced she is hers, and her name is not "BJ", but "PJ". and when I call her "Beeg", she calls her "Peach". I'm pretty sure there's a speech impediment problem, but we're close enough to call it even. And, I kinda like "PJ" better than "BJ", so maybe it'll stick. So far she's doing great, although I believe we'll have some quirks to work out. For one, she's used to large stock type horse trailers, BuT we have a small 2-horse converted to 1-horse, so we compromised and she loaded and rode home I think fairly comfortably. At the barn I compromised and she turned her big booty around, coming out head first, rather than the preffered manner of backing out. She winnied to her new friends a little, but in all, she's been quite quiet. Later we'll drive over and introduce her to Cindy, after a much needed nap for the girls. Oh, and she may be pregnant. We'll see come Feb! (just kidding, we'll get her checked out before then).
*
The Kittens, as promised. On Monday, when 6 kittens were whirling, twirling, jumping, and banging around my dining room, I threw up my hands and called Cascade Animal Hospital. In reality, the kittens played SO NICE with the girls, and eachother, that we contemplated keeping them all for the barn. Then reality set in, I loaded up the Kits and drove to Cascade. They pronounced the kittens 9 weeks old, and in great shape. 2 were claimed before we left the Hospital! We took 2 home, so far they are "Jumper" and "Jumper". Yes, we have difficulty keeping them out. But they are A's kittys, for sure, and they are deeply in love.

Any kitten that puts up with my fiercely loving 2 year old can stick around for a bit. Seriously, keeps 'em both entertained.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am loving A's name choices!! Seriously!!

Laura said...

Fun, more animals! I think you totally could have handled 6 cats though. :)