Saturday, May 1, 2010

FarM's 1st Farm Implement

We purchased a Tractor. I highly recommend the experience.

What this 1949 Ford 8N may lack in aesthetic appeal, it makes up with slow and steady ... steadfastness. 'Ole Red totally exudes an "I can do anything" attitude. It just may take an hour.

Awww. My baby and sweet husband checking on each other.


It scares me, in an exciting and fun way, that my children are so nonchalant and accepting of our weirdness.

We're slowly persuading/educating/FREAKING OUT our neighbors. But hey man, they're cool.

And now, so are we.
You may ask yourself, if this is for FarM, why is it currently located at their house? in a subdivision? with neighbors?
You will see. My husband will tell you it's because he HAD to return the trailer we used to pick up this tractor to his Dad, so he can travel to the drag strip with his truck to race this weekend. (and so we can get to the chickens in the backyard.) I contend that it's because T really really really wants to be 'one of those farmers' we all curse on the road because they are traveling 3 mph as he crawls from our house to the property. And Honey, I'll be right there with a camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a song called "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"??

This IS a way cool tractor!!!

Deb

Jean said...

we have a tractor . . . .just no farm . . . .maybe some day. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara! I am leaving my message! :) You guys are weird... no argument there with this post! Love ya. Alison