Friday, October 16, 2009

____ + _____ = WHAT???

Jeep Liberty + Minivan traveling ? MPH = A totaled Minivan.

I think. I can't say that definitely, because I didn't read the police report, nor did I ask, but ... I'm fairly sure it was totaled.

And this, in addition to a knocked up bumper because I was pushed into the fellow in front of me, is all our damage. Thank God, that the kids were ok.

The odd thing is, stopped on the x-way coming into the dangerous S-curve (our town's way of detouring tourists) on Tuesday morning and seeing a minivan in my rear view mirror traveling WAY TOO FAST to stop in time, I had time to squish to the left a little and think, "Oh crap, this is gonna hurt". But - it didn't. Even when the estimate on the Liberty returned with almost $4200 worth of damage. And all I now envision are angels wrapping pillows around the Liberty as we were knocked around, because I don't remember feeling the hit hardly at all. It scares me, to think that the kids may have felt it worse than I; but when I rushed around to their door and opened, Keely fed me a fabulous grin that said, "Hey Momma, what are you doing around here? Are we there yet?". And then I think of the angels.

No comments: