Monday, April 16, 2012

More Building...

Last week Mr. Bill (as Adalynn fondly calls him, "My Favorite Guy!") and co. began framing the basement wall. I think Tuesday we were greeted with the following:



By Friday we had this! Which looks like progress (and it is), but really the floor trusses aren't secured down at this point.



The basement won't be finished right now, except for the laundry room (on the left) and the wall to T's workroom (see end of basement).

What I am missing pictures of is the awesome landscaping job that my sister and her husband completed at the entrance. They planted an amazing amount of flowers and even an ornamental tree. T says it looks professional; my sister and her husband have such green thumbs! They left a large amount of "leftovers" that they didn't use by the swing set for us to plant if we wanted...when we got to the property Friday night we oohed and ahhed over the entry way, and then our attention switched to the flowers and grasses that were left up by the swing set. T and I planted all we could by the light of the Taurus and by then it was too dark for pictures! We'll take some soon though, the flowers and garden area (tilled graciously by my father last week Wednesday) are really making it feel like home out there!

No comments: