Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gardening, Landscaping, and Building - oh My!

On Thursday I tried to induce labor by spending the morning gardening with the girls.
It didn't work. 
But, we planted potatoes, white and yellow onions, and Rhubarb - yum!


Adalynn planted the white onions all by herself. I have approximately noted where the white onions ended up...I hope...but we'll have to be careful weeding, she's a creative gardener.


Also on Thursday the guys were out working on the house. Waiting on the roof trusses, which didn't arrive, but they got wood on the front, back, and current side walls (they are waiting to build the rest of the side walls until the roof is on).


Landscaping
I mentioned earlier that my sister and brother-in-law did some AWESOME landscaping a week ago. Here is the front entry:



And the extras that we put around the swingset:




Right now it's green, but the potential is mind-blowing.

Thursday night T and I drove back out to the barn to feed. T had to try out the master bathroom.




Friday rained, and rained, and rained. Then slowed down. Then rained some more. T and I walked around the mall, again trying to motivate this child to move out of my womb, while Bill tried to spot the weather clearing to put up the roof trusses. The weather didn't clear, the baby didn't come. So today, the house looks like this:


There are windows along the top front of the house too (7 to be exact, operating if you cared to know, and with a passive solar glaze - HOT!), but they aren't cut out yet.


Interior walls are being framed in. Directly ahead, slightly to the left is a hallway, and the girls' closet. Above the hallway will be a balcony, and to the right is the master bath and closet. The rest of the walls are waiting for the roof.


We spoke with Bill on Friday about the window in the girls' room. I had changed the placement on our plans to accommodate the bunk bed (which has drawers and stairs at one end; a pain to position), but forgot to pass along the message to the builder. Oops. Thankfully, he was very understanding and the window is now in perfect placement to coordinate with the bunk beds.

So no baby boy yet. It's odd going late, as I haven't with either of the girls, but I guess he's going to be a stubborn boy. I was quite perturbed by it last week and starting to grow worried that something is wrong, but God has spoken to me quite a few times in the past couple of days about patience (Love is patient - I Corinthians 13), not to be discouraged (Be strong and courageous, Don't be discouraged - Joshua 1:9), a daily verse-based prayer in a Beth Moore book today and T continuing to remind me that "God's timing is perfect". And it is - this house building, our house selling, the baby - everything has happened in God's perfect timing and relying on His timing has blessed us in more ways than we can count. So I give this baby boy and his timing to God too, He'll take care of it. And we'll let you know when He does!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Everything is looking good! I remember that overdue waiting frustration all too well; we've been thinking about you and praying for you over here!