Friday, June 26, 2009

The Wee Babe -- in utero

At my now weekly Dr. appointment this week, the 'lil missy decided to measure the same as she has the past couple of weeks. So, doc ordered an ultrasound to ensure her well-being. I wasn't worried as the same thing happened with Adalynn, and well, we all know how she turned out. Also, this child is folded sideways, so I've always wondered how the outside-the-abdomen top-to-bottom measurement worked out. Evidently, not too well.

Of course, it's always fun to see pictures and I have to admit I was kind of curious to see how she was baking. She's quite a cutie, with the same smushed face as Adalynn - big nose and big lips. I don't think she can help it though, given the situation she's currently in.

So, no phone call from the Dr. yet with urgent news, I'm taking that as a good sign. She weighed in at approx 6lbs, 4oz. I would be kosher with a smaller child this time, although I know that the ultrasounds are not always accurate - especially this late in the game.

And yes, this foot has obstinately been sticking in my side for the past (too many) weeks. It was kicking the transducer as the picture was taken. Lovely. It only fits that this picture would not, for the life of me, cooperate and rotate so that I could have all of my pictures in a nice, organized row.

No comments: