Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Good to be Home


On Sunday, my stepmom and I drove up to Traverse City for an Assistive Tech in the Schools conference. We had a very nice, relaxing time up there and grew our knowledge by leaps and bounds. It was great. Today though, I'm glad to be home. In my absence, Adalynn has grown 2 feet and is telling stories (...slight exaggeration...) and my garden has taken off.

The squash and zucchinni - AMAZING - I tell you. I'm so proud of them. This newspaper thing, to squash out the weeds? I'm going to do it to the other bed too I think. I really like how it seems to be helping keep moisture in. You can't deny it, the bed with the newspaper looks full and healthy and ... delicious.

The bed without? Well, it's ok, but scrawnier. Not quite as vibrant. Now I just need to find the energy to go out, weed it, and lay down the goods. Mom? Wanna come help?!? :) Weeds are not only taking over the second bed, but our flower beds around the house too. Huh. The poor flowers may just need to coexist this year. I'm prioritizing...

1 comment:

Kate said...

she has gotten so big!! What a cutie!