Wednesday, July 30, 2008

To The Zoo with Grams and Uncle Ryan

Adalynn's first trip to the John Ball Park Zoo was with Aunt Jerilynn and cousin Naomi. This time, Adalynn and I visited exotic animals with Grandma and Uncle Ryan.




We discovered more animals upon this trip: the lion exhibit is now open and we discovered Wallabys (or Wallabies? i don't know.). And we love the Wallabys/ies. But we get to the Wallabies until later.


While the monkeys were not as energetic as last time, the bears showed off.




And did I mention that I want a Wallaby? I happen to love them now. Here's my sales pitch:

For starters, Adalynn just as tall as a baby Joey. And she needs a another pet, don't you think? And they could grow up together. It would be sooo cute!

Second, they are quite soft and furry. And nice, they came out and said 'Hi'. The 'lil sociable creatures.

Here's Mama Wallaby and here Baby Joey. I think this species may be the one exception to "Babies are cuter than adults".


Here's Baby Joey.


Here's Baby Joey's Wobbly Knees. He's a pretty skinny feller too.

But da Mamas. Now she was a fine creature. God did a good job on them. Check out their soft, cuddly hair. (fur?). Super Cute. and Patient. Did you know they carry their baby in a pouch for about a year? Then they kick them out. I would too. Some of those Joey's were pretty restless, and would stretch, hang out over the pouch, readjust, and basically be a pain in the pouch. It gave me flashbacks to giving birth. Not pretty, seeing as Mamas has to put up with it for a year. But I'm sure they're stretchier than humans. They've gotta be, right? I would totally get one, but Adalynn might get jealous and I don't think I'm equipped to grow a 'lil Joey. Nor would I want to. That would be wrong. Sooo, I'll stick with this one:

And by the end, my 'lil Wallaby Joey was beat. Down for the count.

Isn't life grand?

1 comment:

Kate said...

I can not believe how big she is getting! What a cutie!