Monday, July 21, 2008

Dedication. 7.13.08.

...So my computer is sick. I'm bringing it to the hospital today (aka dad) to see if it may be fixed. (please!). I tried for close to an hour last night just to get my pictures from this weekend to my computer...open adobe...and then transfer 5 pictures over. It was so painful for me to watch that I turned off my computer and said "That's It! You Are Going To The Doctor.". It cried, said it will try harder next time, but I was firm. "It's for your own good.". (and my mental health).

Anyway, so I have a bunch of pictures/blog-a-loos to upload, and we'll see how far it gets. (yes Masselinks, I know you are looking for pictures of this weekend. They will come!)

*


First though, before the other pictures, I want to mention Adalynn's Dedication on July 13, 2008. We were very blessed to have many of our family and friends join in on this day to dedicate Adalynn's life and future to God. We are so very...well, BLESSED (I know, I'm overusing that word, but it's true!) to have Adalynn in our lives, and we hope and pray that she will be a blessing to others and live her life for God.


The whole service was focused on dedicating our children. We joined the stage with 4 other couples and their daughters (yes, it was an all girl event!) who were a year and under. I think Adalynn was the oldest, being born in November, while the youngest was 10days old. Adalynn made her presence known, either chewing on my necklace or loudly adding to Pastor Dan's introduction of each child.

The church presented us with a beautiful quilt made by an anonymous church member and dedication certificate. Pastor Dan spoke briefly about raising children and what he would do differently now: Romance his wife more and Chill out. (I think that's good advice!)

After the service we gathered at our house for a delicious dinner consisting of flaky croissant sandwiches, a variety of fabulous salads, and numerous chocolate, vanilla, and carrot cake cupcakes decorated in white.

A big "THANK YOU" to everyone who partook in this wonderful day and joined with us in supporting Adalynn's growth in God's will. We can't (and won't!) raise Adalynn in isolation and protect her from everything, so we are SO thankful that we have family and friends who will support her as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a friendly reminder to still save those skiing pictures from when we came down for me... I still have zero pictures from my summer