Sunday, September 16, 2012

This Weekend was a Hoot

We celebrated this weekend, both T's 30th Bday (woohoo!!) and our house. On Saturday we found out how to throw a party at the new house, and I hope that everyone had a good time. We sure did! I know I didn't see everyone who came, and actually maybe interacted with a fifth of the people who arrived (and most of them were under the age of 10), but we hope and pray that we were able to shed a little blessing on the people who had to put up with us dreaming, negotiating, adjusting, and planning over the last 9 months. I wasn't able to get a lot of pictures, but we feel very blessed to have had so many people come out to see the house!




Prior to the party, we "redid" the dog and chicken layout around the barn. This was two-fold: To give the dogs more room and make the chickens more accessible (and oops...I know this is 3, but really, I had to get the door to the barn open and closeable once more). So Wednesday before the party I tore things up, then, like a good wife, I waited for the big T to come home to put it all back together before sundown. We made it (give or taking an hour or 3 past sundown). I love the new layout and the moving doors. We're still tweaking it to keep the dogs in-ish, but it's good so far.
T then blessed me this week by making all of our gates swingable. If you have had non-swinging gates before (and we had a lot of them), this is a big deal. And he did a great job! Thank you T!


And a BIG Happy 1st BirthDay to Joanna! We love you girl!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm a little behind! Thanks! And yes, I can see how swinging gates would be a blessing. :)