Thursday, August 12, 2010

Because I SimplY ReFuSe to believe that the Lord does NoT answer prayer...

Gore Bay, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada
Look closely...

So here goes. We've been a little busy, harried, hectic, and all-around frazzled in the M household for ... oh, about the past 3 weeks? can I connect the Thursday before we left for vacation to the weeks since, because it's been about that long?
And part of the reason I haven't blogged lately stems from the computer move from our dining room-eh area to the desk in the basement, where it has been destined to go since we bought the darn thing. Needless to say, the slim margin of time that I have had on the computer I consumed searching for cars. Stupid, because no nuggets of wonder have crossed my path, and the search has simply led to arguments and disagreements in our house, T's work, and it is infecting our life. But, prayers are answered everyday, and this too, shall pass.
My phone pooped, finally for real. I've functioned without a "0" and "#" sign since May, thank God for voice dialing (leaves me lacking when attempting to navigate customer service menus, but lack of action gets a person eventually in those cases). Sunday K chewed the "Send" button, creating a shortcut to "Text Dad" with a message of "699669966999" if I press SEND, and only SEND,SEND,SEND. So, if I haven't called lately (Tiff? Jess? Al? Kel?and other people whom I can't remember because you are no longer in my phone?i deeply apologize.) - blame it on my daughter. My dad didn't have your phone numbers in his old phone currently in my purse, so I now don't have them either. But, I have the full array of my father's and brother's friends numbers, in case anyone cares.
Yesterday, the girls and I found peace in the chaos and chilled at the barn for a few hours. It was something like heaven, maybe it was, because we walked horses, fed horses, cleaned pens, retrieved eggs, carried cats, and ate ice cream (after washing hands, of course).
So, my point is, this too shall pass. Someday I will post pictures of the North Channel trip, because it is worth it. They may not be in chronological, or any, type of order. But you will see them, and be in awe. And love them. Because I said so. Just wanted to update y'all in the happenings around here, we for surely have not forgotten you and will be back with the/some/selected/pieced together action in no time flat.

Told ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so that's what it is like to have kids! LOL.

If you did loose my digits, just shoot me an email, I know you still have that!

Love, AL

Anonymous said...

PS, I think your blog is on CST. It told me it is 12:14, but it is really 3:14. Just an FYI -Al