Sunday, July 11, 2010

FiLLin a BarN on the FarM

In the interest of time, I have a movie waiting for me with a HoT husband in the other room,
I would like to briefly announce:
...wait for it...
The Horses are Home!!!

I apologize, Peach was too busy feeding the foal.

Just a quick backyard pic...the horses, at night, will be in the round pen near the barn. During the day, they are being slowly introduced to the above pasture.

The horses have company, there's also resident Turkey. About 5, according to the flock in the frontyard when I pulled up to the barn this evening.

Sorry, that's like a bad case of Where's Waldo.

Yea, the horses are hanging out amid scaffolding and ladders, but they don't seem to mind.

I get the feeling that this poor resident dragonfly doesn't quite like being here. Yet is unsure how to get out.
Either way, he's (she?) is gorgeous.

Fly free Mr. Dragonfly, Fly Free!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I bet they are super happy and excited about all the fresh new grazing. I can't wait to go and see the barn and horses in person. I don't think Orrin has actually seen a horse yet (well, maybe back at halloween? but I'm sure he doesn't remember).

Anonymous said...

Turkeys will help, um, "spread the joy" and keep fly larva to a minimum!! Another organic bonus!!

Deb