Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Perfect Pot Roast and other matters of the heart and soul

I'm gonna stand on a limb and say that the Sunday dinner I cooked today most likely stands as the Best Sunday Dinner I have ever cooked.
Ahhhh. It feels good to get that off my chest. Better than Racheal Ray, better than Betty Crocker, the Pioneer Woman is In 'Da Hooo-use!

The Perfect Pot Roast turned out as perfect as perfect gets, in the pot roast world. Even Adalynn ate the meat, I am very proud to say. The biscuits, ehhh, need some help. They may have rebelled since I embarrassed them by cutting them into star shapes, but that's what happens when you do not own a biscuit cutter.
So today, after our Awesome Sunday Dinner, we drove into town to fulfill an annual Christmas tradition. We attended the Nutcracker, as danced by the Grand Rapids Ballet and accompanied by the GR Symphony. I love me some John Varineau, man.

But of course, no flash photography ruined the photo session I hoped for. That and Keely, who made it 10 minutes into the first half before I carried her out. The second half proved more successful, we made it a full 30 minutes. Adalynn, the champ, sat through the entire ballet making only minimal disturbance - like when all the dancers left the stage, all was quiet, and she said (in her Borck voice that carries a fair distance) "All done? They go bye-bye?". At least she amused those around her.

During intermission I made Amy play photographer again. Check it out, shot #1 and she nails it.
Travis and I even sat for a rare couple. For some reason, my right cheek kept poking out into a large, bland mass protruding from the side of my face. I'm gonna be honest here, I deleted those from my camera directly.

My cheek haunted me so bad I contemplated plastic surgery for the first time in my young life.

But then I tried scaring into submission...

...and my cheek receded. So Much Better.
Oooh, I'm a lucky woman. Just look at that man next to me! Ow!

No comments: