Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's a Pioneer Woman's Weekend

I have this friend (i know, wrap your mind around that one if you can), and she totally rocks my world. She possesses this sixth sense that enables her to know exactly what my girls and I will fawn over perseveratively. Like, when they visited last summer and she presented dear Adalynn soy crayons and me a precious necklace with my daughter's birthstone and an awesomely etched "A" (for Adalynn). I still can't get over it. This time, for Christmas, she sent a box filled with a fishy puzzle and play octopus for the girls, and since the internet doesn't wrap presents, I peeked at my Christmas present early....

...and I totally couldn't keep my 'lil paws off it. Since Friday I have scarcely let the cookbook down, except to take it's picture. I'm sure Travis is thrilled. But, considering the present that he's getting early, he has no grounds to complain.
So this weekend I am deeming "A Pioneer Woman's Cookbook Weekend"...well...minus the dinner that we're eating at friend's tonight. Mmmm. Think of the pounds we'll gain and the taste buds we'll please! I'll let ya know how it goes.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you liked the cookbook. The pot roast looked amazing, even to a vegetarian!! I can't wait to hear what your faves are.