Friday, April 9, 2010

I can't write things like that anymore, I'm worried it's an omen...

So I just say we're going to get kicked out of the neighborhood and Drama with a capital D happens.

Our dogs have a personal vendetta against some snooty Standard Poodles (or more so their owners) that routinely walk on/past our property. So tonight I let the dogs out to go potty. Ginger and Banks have "Please obey me" collars on and stay by me. The Poodles are walking by, I don't realize it. Rocky runs out to the street, recognizes that the wifey's screaming and the hubby's kicking is not a welcome 'hi, and comes back. He then watches carefully while they walk by, ensuring they stay on the street. Our nice, sweet 'neighbor' walked to the edge of the property and told me, "You'd better keep your dogs in your yard". I said, "Yes sir, I apologize." To which he responded, "Otherwise a human may hurt them". "I hope that's not a threat, sir." "It would be the human's fault, not the dogs."

GRRRRRRR. I didn't feel it was the right time or place to report that I was attempting to control my dogs. The fact that there was a collar on 2 of them. That they were sitting by my legs. That the other dog ran out, said hi, and came back. That he's a herding dog, had all rights to nip their flying heels into a circle as they jumped and screamed and herd them into the next county, BUT DIDN'T.

And, now, let me tell you. The first time that we had an encounter with these people, they were SITTING with their 3 dogs in our 2nd lot. We let our dogs out, these people FREAKED, kicked at our dogs! Ok. I will admit, our dogs ran at them aggressively. However, they did NOT bite them, and THEY WERE ON OUR PROPERTY. Since, we have watched the guy deliberately walk his dogs on our property, allow them to pee on our mailbox and little tree, and walk across the 2nd lot. So, really, can we blame our dogs for wanting to eat them? And the fact that they didn't, doesn't this show amazing restraint?

Thank you for listening.

No comments: